Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

I wonder if this would deter any would-be eggers.

Seems pretty scary to me. (Another picture from the mailbag.)

And here's two pictures that I took of the Daley Center Plaza a few days back, all decorated for the holiday. I posted another one showing the fountain -- and was surprised at the negative reaction:

These buildings are temporary -- they'll be gone before the end of the week....


This will be replaced by the sheds for the Christkindlmarket, which will be open by Thanksgiving... and then there'll be a giant Christmas tree... and Santa's House, too.

But more about that... in season. May the Great Pumpkin visit your pumpkin patch.

6 comments:

katherine. said...

does the fountain go red and green?

smile.

Happy Halloween to you and yours.

Jeni said...

I dunno if that jack-o-lantern will scare off the eggers in your neighborhood, but it sure as heck has a good chance of making ME shake in MY boots if I were out trick or treating! LOL Cool pumpkin, really cool!

Anonymous said...

That's one scary pumpkin :-0

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good pictures! Happy Halloween!

Patti said...

Love the mean jack-o'-lantern.

I am still waiting for the Great Pumpkin's arrival, and it's after 9 p.m.
:-(

Linda said...

Hope you had a happy Halloween!

I got a rock.