Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Look at what Ralph was kind enough to give to me



Here is a link to the original source of this lovely graphic; Ralph's post kindly bestowing this award on me may be found here. (With your sound on, run your mouse over the "Santa" button in the lower right hand corner -- g'wan, try it.)

In describing the award, Santa's Community Blog says, "Quite simply it is [for] those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others. Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the 'Spirit of Christmas.'" (Santa, as you will see if you check out that blog, has a pretty sophisticated understanding of Technorati for a guy who lives up at the North Pole and hangs around with elves all day....)

Anyway, thank you, Ralph, for this very nice award. I'm not certain, though, whether I more often reflect the spirit of Christmas in these essays... or the Spirit of Scrooge. It may have been my white beard that suggested Santa-esque qualities to Ralph. Certainly my kids were calling me "Santa" when I had the beard... and I'm not at all certain that I responded as a 'right jolly old elf' might.

And, besides, the beard is gone now. (My wife and I had a vote about whether I should keep it, and I lost 1-1.)

Now the rules say that I can pass this award along -- and there are many deserving potential recipients in my Bloglink List. But, if I may, I'll hold off for now. I expect to come back to this later.

In the meantime, thanks again, Ralph.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Wow, no comments on what could be the coolest award out there. Who's nicer than Santa?
Ho Ho Ho