Friday, October 12, 2007

Visitor 20,000: Doesn't it just figure?

Here's what Visitor 20,000, from Springfield, Louisiana came here to see:

Well, let's be more accurate: This is the picture my 20,000th visitor actually saw.

You are looking at ex-Air Force Sgt. Michele Manhart who was, *ahem*, stripped of her rank when she posed for Playboy wearing only her dog tags. I did this post about the story in January. And I did mention her a couple of times in follow ups. And, as Visitor 20,000 shows, I'm still getting several hits a week from people who are vitally interested in this aspect of our national defense.

It is just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking it is the Playboy pictures that my 20,000th visitor hoped to find here. Call it a hunch.

I recalled -- at one point -- discovering those pictures on a link from Dr. Blogstein's blog -- but the link no longer works.

(Now don't be throwing stones! -- I had to check. That was research -- a public service to my readers, OK?)

It appears unlikely that Visitor 20,000 will be back.

6 comments:

Ralph said...

Thankfully the only thing she was stripped of was her dog tags...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

drat! i was hoping it was me...

smiles, bee
tyvc

Shelby said...

More things that make one go, "hmm."

Congrats on the 20 thousandth!

Anonymous said...

It must be fate....it gave you a chance to post that picture again!

Congrats on 20M

AtriaBooks said...

I am pleased to have had some part in your 20,000th visitor.

Dave said...

I'd have been here sooner if I knew you had that stuff.