Monday, October 08, 2007

Fearless MLB playoff predictions -- revisited

I suppose I could hit the "edit" button, rewrite the post and delete the inconsistent comments... but that would be wrong, wouldn't it?

Let's see: I'm 0 for 3 so far. And, in each of these cases, my suggested favorite not only lost... but was swept. (And, a footnote regarding the Cubs' abject failure against the Diamondbacks: The first reading at Mass on Sunday was taken from the prophet Habakkuk. It began, "How long, O Lord? I cry for help, but you do not listen!" Ninety-nine years and still counting. It's almost enough to make one feel sorry for the Cubs. Almost.)

The prediction on which I expressed some hesitation -- Cleveland over the hated Yankees -- where I said I was picking with heart over head -- is the only one which might come true. Emphasis on "might."

For the next round, I am picking with neither my heart nor my head.

I am thinking of picking with my liver. Or maybe my spleen....

7 comments:

Ralph said...

Isn't that the beauty of baseball? Prognosticators can be right or they can be wrong...You still have to play the game!

sari said...

Not only did I predict the D-backs, they SWEPT the Cubs.

Yep. I'm still holding on to that for Colorado.

Cliff said...

We Tribe fans are hoping that Steinbrenner didn't give the Yankees too much motivation when he threatened to fire Torre if the Yanks lost this series.

But tonight we have Paul Byrd, well rested going against Wang with 3 days rest. We hope that this series comes back to Cleveland, as we ran out of bugs.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

this is sports again. i could tell right off...

smiles, bee
tyvc

Hilda said...

Well, the Phillies are out of it...I officially no longer care.

:)

landgirl said...

Ooh, Cur, anything but not your spleen--splenetic predictions or reactions are not your style.

Cliff said...

Well...

1 for 4 isn't bad. You're batting .250.

For me one word describes it...

WAHOO!!!