Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Don't blame me for this one --

Bennie, of Ben and Bennie, left this off-topic comment to yesterday's post: "No gloating over the Cubbies loss? I'm severely disappointed!"

I hate to disappoint anyone -- but I didn't want to be accused of being a "hater."


On the other hand, I got this video from both Oldest Son and Middle Son in the past week, so I suppose I have to share it....


And since we're sharing -- well, here's another one I got in the email:

Now, tell me, honestly: Does the rivalry of the Yankees vs. Red Sox or Yankees vs. Mets or Giants vs. Jets even come close to the rivalry of White Sox vs. Cubs?

9 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Is this a time to mention that it's only a game?

Anonymous said...

Rugby is the big news here at the moment, is that a game you play too?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i knew right off this was sports but the baby is cute in the hat diaper curmy!

smiles, bee
tyvc

MommasWorld said...

The baby pic is cute! Love that one!

Maggie Moo said...

HA!!! I love the Cubs hat!!!

Shelby said...

Well, I'm not a fan of any of those teams, but I do like the baby :)

Anonymous said...

Cubbies rule! We had Sweet Lou here in Seattle for many years, and no matter what you might say about him, he knew how to get his team fired up.

Patti said...

I also love the cute baby photo. And since I'm not a Cubs fan I found the video amusing.

The Curmudgeon said...

Jean-Luc -- I agree. I'm just reporting what's come into my mailbox....

Ellee -- Rugby is played here but it's never caught on as a major sport; it's considered something of an ancestor of American football....

Webduck -- I like Lou and, as I've posted here, I remember him fondly from his days in Seattle (and Tampa) -- and I'd predicted the Cubs to beat Arizona remembering how Sweet Lou roughed up my White Sox in the 2000 playoffs. Maybe he's mellowed too much....