And, speaking of how things worked out, remember that football post I promised a couple of days ago?
Work out, I mean.
It's a great story -- you'll simply have to take my word on this one -- but one that doesn't work nearly as well without providing details that could easily lead to the identification of some of the persons involved. That's kind of inconsistent with the anonymity thing I've got going here.
So, I'll pass on that story.
Besides, I am on trial this morning and must get over to the courthouse.
But the idea was to have a post introduce my change in Sidebar topics. I've decided to plumb the archives from time to time -- there are nearly 1,500 posts on Second Effort -- at least some of them must be worth reading -- and highlighting some of these in the Sidebar so that people who might be new to the blog can, voluntarily, sample more of the fare here. (I'm a dreamer, I know.)
I've taken down the back-to-school posts that were in the Sidebar and replaced them with football-themed ones. Different themes will go up from time to time.
Here are the new posts in the Sidebar:
Seasonal Stuff, Gridiron Edition
- Why my sons play football – or – why The Curmudgeon is not a psychologist (September 2006)
- Oldest Son went to the Bears game... (January 2007)
- Homecoming toilet paper caper (October 2009)
- The last Homecoming toilet paper caper (September 2010)
- Youngest Son learns (and forgets) things about football (October 2010)