Today's challenge from Barb, the proprietress of "Heads or Tails," is to list "ten things staying within any category of your choosing."
So, without further adieu:
Ten Reasons Why I Can't Do Today's "Heads or Tails"
- It's too cloudy and damp outside to be creative.
- The mortgage isn't paid -- and neither are several credit cards. It's hard to be funny when collection calls are coming into the house.
- My Westlaw account isn't paid either -- and they call here.
- I have actual work to do -- hourly work -- and in 60 or 90 days (the Lord willing and the creek don't rise) I'll be able to start digging myself out of this hole. In the meantime, who has time for weekly memes?
- I forgot to take my new medication today. And I just remembered. How can I be expected to come up with 10 things when this one realization has crowded out everything else on my mind?
- The category is too broad. Ten things? Any things? Why I'd spend all day coming up with just one category.
- I'm no good at lists. People who make lists are organized -- and I have never developed the knack.
- I fear rejection. What if the blogging public doesn't want to hear about "Ten Things on My Desk Right Now"? (Although I am very proud of my rubberband ball.)
- I like other numbers better than 10. Six, for instance. Or 17.
- I have to get ready for court. I don't have time to do this this morning.
I just did it, didn't I?