Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Heads or Tails #10 (Ten things)



Today's challenge from Barb, the proprietress of "Heads or Tails," is to list "ten things staying within any category of your choosing."

So, without further adieu:

Ten Reasons Why I Can't Do Today's "Heads or Tails"

  1. It's too cloudy and damp outside to be creative.
  2. The mortgage isn't paid -- and neither are several credit cards. It's hard to be funny when collection calls are coming into the house.
  3. My Westlaw account isn't paid either -- and they call here.
  4. I have actual work to do -- hourly work -- and in 60 or 90 days (the Lord willing and the creek don't rise) I'll be able to start digging myself out of this hole. In the meantime, who has time for weekly memes?
  5. I forgot to take my new medication today. And I just remembered. How can I be expected to come up with 10 things when this one realization has crowded out everything else on my mind?
  6. The category is too broad. Ten things? Any things? Why I'd spend all day coming up with just one category.
  7. I'm no good at lists. People who make lists are organized -- and I have never developed the knack.
  8. I fear rejection. What if the blogging public doesn't want to hear about "Ten Things on My Desk Right Now"? (Although I am very proud of my rubberband ball.)
  9. I like other numbers better than 10. Six, for instance. Or 17.
  10. I have to get ready for court. I don't have time to do this this morning.
Oh, wait.

I just did it, didn't I?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful list!! Hope your Tuesday is relaxing.

Rambler said...

number 9 was great fun :))
brought a broad smile on my face.

Linda said...

Looks like we had the same idea, except your list is more exciting!!

jenn said...

Very cute list!
Have a great Tuesday!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Amusing in a twisted sort of way. ;) Good luck with the job!

Hilda said...

I don't usually do these, but Today I've got nothing I want to write about, so I'll do this. In fact I'm doing "10 Things on My Desk Right Now"!

Thanks!

Patti said...

very good, Curmy -- you did the list while not wanting to take the time to do the list and you amused all of your readers at the same time.

~ good thing Bee isn't around to read you forgot to take your new medication. BTW, did you take your vitamin?

peppylady (Dora) said...

I got great laugh out of your list. Have a great day.

My Heads or Tail is up. I'm first time player.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A great list that made me smile.

Barb said...

Hahaa! Can we see a picture of the rubber band ball? :)

katherine. said...

I'm with Miz Skit....let's see a picture of the rubberband ball.

Misty DawnS said...

LOL - what a fun list! You had me laughing!

Ralph said...

Curmy, you sound like our kids when they have 10 reasons why they can't mow the lawn like you asked them to. The assignment inevitably gets done no matter what the excuse...

susan said...

Ah, if you could just make your mortgage payment in giggles, I'd send a fortune your way. Thanks for making me laugh... I needed a break from The Move in the worst way!

Andree said...

Very clever! You clever thing! I empathize with the bills: I'm sitting here, too, with this oil bill from three emergency repairs last winter! I think more and more of us are in these predicaments now.