Monday, January 08, 2007

Internet Traffic... and my latest fiendish plan

Like Boris Badenov here, I have a new fiendish plan. However, my plan does not involve any threat of harm to "Moose or Squirrel."

Let me begin by saying I sometimes check my Sitemeter during the day.

And by "sometimes" I mean darn near constantly.

So I know how few many people are dropping by. And I know that there have been a few occasions where my posts have caused little traffic boomlets.

The little boomlets happen when people arrive via Google searches. And Sitemeter tells me what the search arguments were that led them to this humble establishment. Almost none of these who are steered here by Google searches stay long or leave comments, but it's quite late in the day today and I've had to interrupt my usual blogging routine with a dose of actual work. So I need something cheap and easy to get my daily numbers up to par.

So here goes: I'm thinking about a fictional post wherein Boise State cheerleader Chrissy Popadics creates a fusion reactor in her basement, all the while humming Dominic the Christmas Donkey.

That I've not actually written such a post shouldn't mean a thing... it's the search terms that count.

Good night everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

somewhere in your post, insert the words "naked lawyer". that's how the searchers get to my site, ("naked nurse")...and they come everyday:)

susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan said...

Pretty much any mention of "Moose or Squirrel" is all you needed to elicit a comment from this corner of the blogosphere!

(Sorry for the deletion above. I typed "illicit" instead of "elicit" the first time... changes the meaning a bit, don't ya think?!)

Lahdeedah said...

See,I need to do that.
I need to add strange phrases.

I'm going to try something like 'ufo's abduct talking cat' and 'aliens from mars kidnaps elvis'

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of linkbaiting. I first discovered it when I titled a post 'Britney Spears She-Taco'. The hits are still rolling in. (Though they only stay a second, because I didn't have any photos-shame on you for thinking that I might).

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh curmy you sitemeter ho.... sigh.

(smile) bee

Barb said...

Mike gets a lot off a hillbilly name generator quiz he did once. People looking for hillbillies I guess. Go figure.

Mother Jones RN said...

Also try using the words "hot nurse." I used those words in a post last summer when our air conditioner died. My site meter went nuts.

Lois Lane said...

Oh the curse of the sitemeter!!! OH no! It is a bad dangerous little thing, isn't it? I stopped, finally, after an intervention. You may have seen me on television. Okay, so it wasn't that bad. But... it nearly got that bad.
I don't know why but, I'm a big jerk. I go poking around, reading everyones posts and most of the time I have nothing to contribute and therefore leave no comment. It's really rude, I know that. And I know how much it used to bug me when my sitemeter said I had nearly 100 visitors and 5 comments. (Shakes head in self disgust) Sorry I'm a jerk. :(
BTW, I probably found you when I googled Boris Badenov does Bullwinkle. ;)