Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bloghopping... sort of

A little over a week ago Rose DesRochers left a comment on my junk mail post and added that she was out "bloghopping." I was invited to hop on over to her site and where else she'd gone.

I couldn't do that right away -- for one thing the link to her Blogger ID did not link to her blog. But I found her... on Thermal I believe... and that's how I have an active link to her site here.

Incidentally, this may be the 17th plug I've given Chris already this year. I'm going to have to start charging....

Herewith a link to Rose'sbloghopping post. When I got there I found out that I'd undergone a sex change operation. But Rose said something nice about this post so all was forgiven. Besides, the effects do not seem to be permanent.

Now you might think, if I was going to try this bloghopping thing for myself, I'd start with Rose. Turnabout and fair play and all. But, no, that's just what they'd want you to think, wouldn't they? So I'll say instead that I enjoyed Rose's I'm going to be a Grandmother post and start this bloghopping adventure instead with...

... Lawfrog of Toadally Talking because of the hopping and frog and the --

Look. If I have to explain everything, we'll get nowhere, OK?

Anyway, Lawfrog is a lawyer who's just quit her job. So she's got a lot on her mind and I'm sure a lot more to come on her blog.

Now the rules of this game, as I understand them, are you start at one blog... and then hop into the blogroll at random.

Yeah, right. I'm going to look and see what's most interesting.

Hmmmmmm. East of Oregon... Doctor Anonymous.... I can't fault Lawfrog's selections here. *looking, looking* What's this? Second Effort? *blush* *brief detour to reciprocate with a link on my page*

So I click on most of the links available to pages I don't know. Looking for just the "right" one that will lead to an amazing adventure in the Blogosphere. This lead to clicking from some of those links, trying to see how this would work. I wound up at a Google video called Bikini Calculus. I had to watch, didn't I?

At the end, it offered me a link to post it here... and I did think about it... and then I thought Bee would probably figure I was only doing it to increase Sitemeter hits... although I've already used the word "bikini" twice now so I've probably got the Sitemeter buzzing anyway. My real concern is that I don't remember enough calculus to know whether they were really providing good information. I have my credibility to consider. (You believe that, don't you?)

In any event, now that I've provided the link, Chris will probably have it on Thermal next week. And there's more than one video Chris! Or so I'm told... I haven't really looked. (And that's 18!)

But this bloghopping thing wasn't moving along nearly as well as it should. I was still at square one. So I moved the mouse over to the links column, closed my eyes... and clicked... and came right back here.

Some of us are just not meant to hop.

Maybe I'll try some other time.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Opps sorry about the sex change. Thank you for forgiving me. :)

Anonymous said...

Some people would be hurt.

Instead, I'm now going to see how far you've boosted me up Technorati ;-)

I would steal the video, but;
a. I need to review it for quality purposes.
b. I haven't installed a video widget for my blog yet.
c. I resent the implication sir!

:-P

Anonymous said...

This looks great for the posterior, which means I MUST go to the gym tomorrow.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

curmy you had a sex change??? is this how rumors get started? smiles.....bee

Patry Francis said...

I love blog hopping--especially when I have work to avoid. Can easily chew up any number of hours. Fun though.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

They look like the old spacehoppers of the 1960's.

Ben and Bennie said...

Jean-luc, I think I saw some of those things in the original series.

TC, I think I might finally get to your tag today. It seems CNN has quit calling. My 15 minutes petered out into about 3:45....

Claire said...

I loved this post, i have been told to blog hop several times,but with all the things i end up doing because of skittles blog i havent got time!
Also i have gave Chris a mention, i think he is a comment ho!lol!
Clairex

Barb said...

LOL.. it took a LONG time for me to hop to 20 blogs and document them all, but it was fun :)


Thermal likes seeing his name, lol.

Shelby said...

Ok I'm going to try this bloghopping thing.. here goes..

Anonymous said...

Fine, thats it, I'm not leaving comments for anyone ever again!


Ah. How do I leave this one then?....Oh well, just one more won't hurt...

;-)

Shelby said...

Ok - I bloghopped and have stories to tell . . .