Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back to reality -- although I'm still blogging....

It's a new year, a new week, and I'm running late. The more things change, the more things stay the same....

But, thank you for asking, everyone made it through New Year's alright. Oldest Son continues in New Orleans awaiting the Sugar Bowl tomorrow night -- he spent New Year's Eve in the French Quarter. There were beads, he told us yesterday, and there was beer, and there was pizza.

Nothing quite says New Orleans to me like pizza.

No, that doesn't sound at all right.

Well, anyway, I am getting a very late start and I've got a major project due on Monday next. If my attendance is sporadic here these next few days, please forgive me. I have a lot of things I'd like to write about -- and your own sites and your comments here always suggest new ideas -- but the necessity of eating regularly and keeping a roof over my family sometimes intrudes. Rudely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Meantime, speaking of comments, Barb at Skittles' Place has issued a challenge: She wants everyone to turn off word verification for a week and see what happens. What I think will happen is spam. And I already get several emails a day about contests I've won that I've never entered, about African widows who want me to handle their late husband's millions, and about things that are too small or medications that can be obtained by the bushel basket (also regarding things that are allegedly too small, come to think of it).

On the other hand, word verification is a pain: It's a continual reminder of how my vision is slipping... it really bugs me that every year TV's get better... and my eyesight gets worse. So, I'll accept Barb's challenge and give it a try... for a week, anyway....

Here goes....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I started blogging on WordPress, and not Blogger. Spam is simply not an issue, with a couple of well-chosen plugins.

Good luck with the test, you never know...

Anonymous said...

you know, I would turn it off, but it SO bugs me when I get spam. And, I'm not on enough to be able to delete them spam messages in a timely manner.

But I'm all about supporting your in your mission to be word-verification-free!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

have not had any spam curmy.... good luck and thanks for being a sport and trying..... bee

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wrote a post about New Orleans a couple of days ago when Bob Edwards declared his election hand there, followed by a trail of leading bloggers.

I've also written today about the murder of prostitutes in Atlantic City, not sure if you have heard about it, but there was an interesting report in the NYT which was sent to me.

Have a very happy New Year.

Barb said...

Hubby and I visited New Orleans a few months before Katrina. A truly magical place, that French Quarter.

Thanks for accepting my challenge. Remember.. it's so easy to delete unwanted comments. Just click the little trash can under the one you want gone :)