Thursday, July 12, 2007

I just love these emails: Lotto luck collecting on this winner


O Happy Day!

Here's an email I found this morning in the Second Effort mailbag. My response follows:


Ref Number: BOL/002365/12IT
BINGO ONLINE LOTTERY
VIA FELETTO 24
20100, MILAN ITALY


This is to notify you that your Email Address attached to a Ticket
Number(106012) has won an Award Sum of 500,000.00US$
(Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)
In an Email Sweepstakes program held on the 7th of July 2007.

Do contact the Details below for the Claim
BINGO ONLINE LOTTERY
mR. Phil Morris
Tel:+39 - 348 068 4885
Contact Email : philmorrisclaim@aim.com
philmorris_online@yahoo.it

WINNING INFORMATIONS
Ref Nnumber:BOL/002365/12IT,Serial Number 005874 ,Batch Number
BL75011

Please do forward the following to the claims department below
1)YOUR FULL NAME
2) YOUR CONTACT TELEPHONE AND FAx
3) YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS
4) YOUR AGE
5) YOUR NATIONALITY

Congratulations!

SINCERLY YOURS,
MRS.ELIZ ARLEN
THE PROMOTIONAL CO-ORDINATOR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Arlen:

Thank you so much for advising me of this sudden and unexpected windfall! Why I've never even heard of the "Bingo Online Lottery" much less purchased a ticket.

How do you get a prize pool if you don't sell tickets?

Well, never mind, it's no matter how you do it -- I'm pleased to take your money either way.

Unfortunately, I'm an anonymous blogger so I couldn't reveal the information for which you ask without compromising my status.

Still, I'm sure we can work something out. My email account is with Yahoo! and they would be able to supply you with adequate assurances that the person who will arrive to pick up the $500,000 prize is, in fact, me.

Just write me back and let me know where I should go to collect, please. My lawyers and yours can work out the details of identity verification. Possibly some sort of escrow deposit?

I'll be eagerly awaiting your response.

Only I won't be holding my breath.

Very truly yours,

Curmudgeon

P.S. -- Those email addresses were connected to something when I copied your email into this post. But I disconnected them. We wouldn't want anyone else trying to claim my prize, would we?

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i want a prize!

smiles, bee

tyvc

The Curmudgeon said...

You mean you didn't get the same one?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good reply to some spam!

Anonymous said...

Surely this practice should be illegal, I get them too.

Patti said...

How do I get in on this?

Smalltown RN said...

oh that is priceless ......gosh let us know when your prize arrives.....

Amazing Gracie said...

We won $100,000 from some bunch in Canada but curiously, a nursing home in the states was going to pay the taxes on it for us. Wasn't that generous of them? They just wanted us to deposit the check from the nursing home in our account and them send them a check for the amount of the taxes! I tried calling the nursing home but the phone number on the check was no longer in service. The office that the letter came from in Canada didn't quite house who they claimed it did...
I think it's called "Phishing." The poor people who fall for these stunts are always the ones who can least afford it, too. A pox on them!
(BTW: Anthony and Elizabeth FINALLY are back together!?!?!?!?)
~~~Blessings~~~

Lahdeedah said...

Sigh,

All I get are offers to enhance my male virility... seeing as I'm female...
Though once I won a vacation to Florida.... except it was one of those real estate things.

Barb said...

Hahaha! That response is great!!!!

You're in the voting for the best caption :)