Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thanks, Skittles, for this neat award

Look at what Barb gave me. Isn't this nice?

And (assuming the Template will let me update) I'll put this up in the Sidebar, too.

According to Dictionary.com the word "schmooze" means to "converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection." (That's the American Heritage Dictionary definition.) All of the Dictionary.com definitions say "schmooze" is derived from the Yiddish verb "shmuesn," meaning to chat.

A lawyer needs to be able to schmooze, at least a little. Also, in this day and age, it's important for a lawyer to have a little Yiddish in the verbal toolbox -- maybe even as important as knowing a little Latin. So, Barb, thanks again (a sheynem dank). You make me feel like a real macher.

However, dear readers, to be entirely honest, Barb runs laps around me in the schmoozing department: Just last Saturday, she mentioned on her blog that she's about a month away from her first Blogiversary... and on the cusp of her 60,000th visitor. Sixty thousand? This poor blog will be two years old in December... and Sitemeter says I've had just over 15,400 visitors... most of them just clicking through....

*Sigh*

Anyway, the Schmooze Award seems to have originated with this post at "Ordinary Folk" and, as I feared, the recipient of this honor is expected to pass it along to others in the Blogosphere.

This is particularly difficult here because so many people in my Sidebar who regularly comment and link and all that good bloggy stuff already have it.

But I think I may have found a few who don't. Yet. Therefore, I'll pass the Schmooze Award on to MJ, May, Rhea, RT, and Chris (just back from two weeks in a tent with his kids... and presumably still shaking like a leaf).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!

may said...

ooooppps. i missed that. almost. man, with the way posts are going up here, i can't seem to cope:)

thank you....

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

congratulations curmy!

smiles, bee

tyvc

Barb said...

*Curtsy* You're very welcome :)