Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What, me moan? Tagged with the "Moaning Meme"

For some reason, when thinking about whining and complaining in the Blogosphere, Linda (of "Are We There Yet??") thought about me.

I can't imagine why.

This new "Moaning Meme" is the handiwork of The Freelance Cynic. Here are the rules, copied straight from Mr. Cynic's blog:

RULES
  • Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about!
  • Be as honest as possible: This is about letting people get to know the real you!
  • Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
  • Post these rules at the end of every meme!
You will note that I have already violated one of these rules, by posting these in the middle of this post. Nevertheless, we proceed:

List 4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth:

  1. People who ride on the shoulder of the highway or remain in a lane when it is clearly marked as closed up ahead. Hey! Moron! Do you think all these people you're zooming by are all lined up for fun?

  2. Political commercials for candidates for any major office. Look, Senator (not singling anyone out): If someone doesn't already know you're running for President, that person is probably too stupid to register to vote, much less find the polling place on primary day anyway. And you're just annoying the rest of us. What substantive point can you convey in 30 or 60 seconds that distinguishes you from anyone? (Not that I would ban all political commercials: For lesser offices it may be the only way to attract a following. Of course, it doesn't always work: I bought commercials on a number of radio stations when I ran for judge... because no one would otherwise know I was a candidate. After the votes were counted, it was apparent that anyone who had learned I was a candidate from these commercials probably did not care and almost certainly did not vote.)

  3. Sales calls. Even though Middle Son is working as a telemarketer again this summer. Since I don't want him unemployed, I would be willing to defer the ban on sales calls until September.

  4. Osama bin Laden. Although I can't understand why he'd have to be taken into Room 101; I should think he'd go voluntarily: He is in the news again, supposedly promoting "martyrdom" -- you know, as in suicide bombing -- as a means to happiness. If only he would choose to be happy too. I know I'd be happier... I'd be particularly happy if Osama became happy while testing his happiness device... far away from anyone else.
3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently:
  1. Other than people who shoulder ride (see above), there's not too many others I'd like to shake violently. At least not as a premeditated thing. I may be intolerant and opinionated, but I am also a physical coward. But we have to have two more? Let's see...

  2. Kids who throw eggs at my house on or around Halloween. My wife doesn't enjoy your behavior in her classes either, but you don't see her throwing eggs at your houses, do you?

  3. People who do not pay my bills.

2 things you find yourself moaning about:
  1. Money.

  2. Time. Einstein was right about time being relative. I don't know about traveling at speeds approaching the speed of light -- that's more the province of the shoulder riders, isn't it? -- but it's a known fact that time goes much faster inside a saloon than outside. You mean it's 9:30 already? My wife will kill me! It also goes faster while blogging: Whole mornings can vanish while making a simple, short post.... On the other hand time slows down during a long sermon... or an algebra test... or while waiting for a train or bus....
1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself:
  1. Nothing, I'm afraid, that I didn't already know.
At this point it is traditional to tag others with the meme... and I'm tempted... but I think I'll pass this time. Feel free to pick up the slack yourself.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good answers, i did this one today too, but knowing me, you know i changed it a bit. somehow i just can't seem to follow all the rules. i'll try not to drive on the shoulder any more curmie. if sarge ever lets me drive, that is. in case i am in your town or you are in mine. or anything. the end...

smiles, bee

Jean-Luc Picard said...

We all have issues that annoy us!

Hilda said...

Hi Curmudgeon!

I posted this on my blog. It was so cathartic...:)

Thanks

Anonymous said...

"I don't know about traveling at speeds approaching the speed of light -- that's more the province of the shoulder riders, isn't it?"

Made me laugh out loud. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your son's job. He must be taking a ton of abuse.

Linda said...

Just to set the record straight, counselor, the reason I thought of you first and foremost to do this meme is very simply the moniker you go by. Perhaps if you went by the name "Kindly Kounselor" or something along those lines then one wouldn't automatically think of you when it comes to a moaning meme! Besides, I know how much you just loved being tagged! Heehee!

Besides, you did a fantastic job with this and I get the feeling that you really, really, really don't like shoulder riders!

Apparently I tend to moan about moeny a lot myself, too - hence my post today. Perhaps I need to be deputized a Junior Curmudgeon or something?

Linda said...

Hmmm, what is this "moeny" I moan about? Is that like the words from the song or is that "Mony"? I am so confused!!

Barb said...

Hahaa.. I REALLY know what you mean about time flying when blogging!!!