Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thank you, thank you -- why is the orchestra playing so loud already?

And I don't even have one of those music widgets on this thing!



It's probably a good thing the music is so loud, because otherwise I'd give you a speech like Sally Field did at the Oscars.

Although I tend to remember Ms. Field as Sister Bertrille:

Today seems to have a "nun theme" here at Second Effort (for another example, see updated post below). Maybe it's because every time I see "Bestest Blog" I think of what Sr. Lucilla would have said about the word "bestest." It would not have been pretty, folks; you may trust me on this.

In the meantime, my Google ads are really going to be different for a couple of days, aren't they?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I love wearing hats, I have a good dozen or so, but that certainly wouldn't fit in my hat box.

Lois Lane said...

Google is trying to sell me a penguin costume, oh wait, that is a habit. Nevermind. ;)
Congratulations on being a bestest!

Anonymous said...

What Google ads?

Ah, sweet FireFox + Adblock...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hiya curmie! sorry i was gone all day, dr. stuff, sigh.... so glad that this worked out. you are definately one of my bestest blogs! smiles, bee

Ben and Bennie said...

Congrats, TC!!!

Anonymous said...

They like you, they really like you!!
(See, I remember Sally Field too!)
Congrats, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Bee sent me over. I'm here now where is the cake. What no cake? I'm just joking, congrats on blog of the day. :)

Amazing Gracie said...

Well, I'm smitten! Great blog and for a curmudgeon, you pretty happy fellow!
Best regards on your "Blog O' the Day...
Gracie

Sarge Charlie said...

cake, i like cake, oh, where's the cake, congrats ............