Thursday, November 09, 2006

We think we have the problem under control now

The Curmudgeon has been unusually cranky in the past few days, even by his standards. However, we have him heavily sedated and and we hope to get him back doing some of his long-pending legal work soon. If he behaves, we may even let him blog again.

Right now, I don't think we even want him commenting on other people's blogs.

I have tried to ascertain why he is in such a funk. As near as I can tell (and he does ramble a bit, as you readers have noticed... and, saaaaaaaaay, it's contagious, isn't it?) the problem seems to be that it's the 9th of November and
  • The November rent isn't paid;
  • The November mortgage isn't paid;
  • The malpractice premium (due November 1) isn't paid; and, also
  • There's money in the Client Fund Account which would alleviate these various problems but he can't yet disburse funds.
And there was something this morning about a lien on a settlement that isn't a lien at all but a subro claim... but the carrier is so far refusing to cut checks. He wasn't very clear on any of this -- he's really in something of a state.

We do however hope to resume regular programming as soon as possible.

6 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good to know that!

Anonymous said...

ouch.

Mother Jones RN said...

Wow, and I thought I was having a bad day.

Sorry:-(

MJ

Anonymous said...

oh curmy i am so sorry. i hope things work out soon my friend... all the best to you. bee

Where fibers meet mud said...

Crumudg... must be in the air... I have been at max frustration and super grumpy all day long... NOTHING settled well...

Not sure the reason... not sure the cure....

Checking my chips in for the night... take care of Chi-town for me while I rest...

Anonymous said...

blog even when you are at your wit's end, you could be your funniest at this time...

better days are coming :)