Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A small community -- spotting the Blogger in the crowd

Long Suffering Spouse and I were in the cell phone store the other day.

Yes, I've lost my battle: Younger Daughter and Youngest Son will soon have their cell phones. Clueless Sitcom Dad fulminates against cell phones -- and loses once again.

But this is not a story about my defeat.

At the wireless store, all the employees were grouped behind a circular counter, each with their own computer terminals. These were needed to look up accounts or determine the availability of products. There were probably other business uses as well.

But the fellow opposite me in the circle was using his for one other thing: He was blogging.

To a blogaholic like me, the Blogger sign-in screen is immediately recognizable. But I didn't let on.

I know people blog at work. I do. But on the store floor?

So my unscientific survey question: Where's the most public place you've blogged?

And, please, I said "blogged." Not anything else!

13 comments:

Shelby said...

at the gym. in full view of the treadmillers. shocking.

may said...

nowhere else but at home. i'm a wimp like that :)

katherine. said...

I have blogged in a coffee shop in San Francisco on a BUSY Saturday morning...and in a library in Lafayette Indiana...and a library in Plainfield Illinois. (smile)

sari said...

I've only blogged at home, boring I know.

TroyBoy said...

I am a work a little, blog a lot, work a little kinda guy, so it's mainly at the office, don't ya know. Occasionally, I will blog from home.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've only ever ddone it at home. I did e mail at an internet cafe once.

Paul said...

Harrummpphh. Is this question a transparent attempt to increase comments? Well, no matter. I stopped allowing comments, and everyone stopped reading.

The Curmudgeon said...

Paul... was it that transparent?

The key, though, is will it work?

Ralph said...

Curmy, this is multi-tasking in the Ozzy and Sharon world...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well sarge blogs at the cancer treatment center waiting for me each day. lovely of them to have a computer for him!!!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

I was going to say at the Borders Seattle's Best Coffee Cafe and then I remembered that I did some blogging at one of the local MacDonald's back when I was getting my 5-hour blood glucose tolerance test done. Now that's pretty public, I think!

Where fibers meet mud said...

At home as the IT geeks have the comments section blocked at work. One day I will be retired and I hope they still have blogging in 5-plus years - I sure am waiting for the time to read and comment to as many as I can.

Rob said...

I blogged from a public PC in the lobby of a hotel a couple of months ago...

I usually draft my blog posts in Google Notebook, so I can work on them a little here, little there, wherever. Then I paste the text over into Blogger to publish. So, with these two tools, I can manage my blog from anywhere I can snag some wi-fi!