Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Talk Like a Pirate Day again -- CB day is coming soon

Of all the blogs I look at every day, I was most surprised to see Second City Cop commemorate Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Aaaaarrrrgghhhh.

I remembered that I'd mentioned this last year -- so I looked back at my posts from that day and realized... I got a lot of comments just for mentioning the stupid thing.

Aaaaarrrrgghhhh.

So maybe it will happen again.

And SCC provided a link to a English to Pirate translator. And that decided me to use it to promote my own idea... CB Radio Day... on Saturday, October 4. (That's 10-4 to you, good buddy.)

If you remember what a CB radio is, write a post about it on October 4 and send me a link. I'll put up the links on 10/4.

Get it?

And then, just for fun, I ran this sentence through the pirate translator:

CB Day is coming 10/4 good buddy

Here's the translation:

Arrr, cb Day is comin' 10/4 good matey Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

Before Talk Like a Pirate Day is over, methinks I'll be needin' some rum meself!

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This be a great day, avast me hearties, pieces of eight!

Sarge Charlie said...

Aye, hello thar my ol' salty dog, I hope you find a lot o' treasure and do not have t' lop off anyone's head Gar.

sari said...

that is totally funny, rubber ducky.

Dave said...

I'm going to order Smokey and the Bandit and Convoy on Netflix in honor of CB day, as it so happens, my birthday.