Friday, September 05, 2008

As we struggle to the end of another long week...

Except that this has been only a four day week. I had Monday off, though I was in the office for a couple of hours -- probably longer on Monday than on Wednesday.

Why is it that "short" weeks often seem so long? Do we channel appointments, events, big plans to the "short" weeks thinking that, with the extra day, we'll have the stamina to get through them?

I am sure I could come up with a plausible-sounding theory about it if I stopped and thought about it for awhile. Except I'd probably fall asleep first.

So instead of coming up with something on my own, let me resort to an irregular feature of this very irregular blog... the Unscientific Survey: Do you, dear reader, find that "short" weeks seem longer oft-times than "regular" weeks?

And -- if so -- do you have a theory as to why?

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

when you are retired they all just run together pretty much. i like it...

smiles, bee
tyvc