Thursday, September 18, 2008

About choices, BlackBerrys and Christmas gifts...

Long Suffering Spouse and I were conversing over nothing, really, as we were getting ready to plunge into the day yesterday. Familiar topics were predominant: How tired we were, how late we were, how much we both have to do. Then Long Suffering Spouse brought up a story she'd heard on the radio while I was off shaving: "I heard that, if forced to make a choice, more than a third of married people would chose their BlackBerrys over their spouse."

I mulled this over for a second or two. "I suppose, then," I ventured in response, "that I should not ask for a BlackBerry for Christmas."

"No," agreed Long Suffering Spouse. "But maybe you should get me one."

3 comments:

The Beach Bum said...

Until June of 2007, I did not know what a Blackberry was.

A friend brought one to our annual reunion - his wife had bought it for him as a birthday present.

They are still together!

The Beach Bum

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i LOVE my iphone. and that's all i am going to say about that! ha ha

smiles, bee
tyvc

Shelby said...

no blackberry for me, nor an iphone either.. but I might like one if it was freeeee.