Thursday, March 29, 2007

Driving privileges for illegal aliens -- Introduction

This post on immigration from Chris at The Partnership for an Idiot-Free America and this riff on speaking English from the Empress Bee got me thinking about the problems of illegal aliens again.

I've posted about the subject once before, in the context of proposed minimum wage legislation.

But that's not exactly the light-hearted fluff you've come to expect here -- and, as you know, I try and avoid politics in this blog as much as I can.

I figure I can offend people without resorting to politics -- and, besides, I don't fit neatly into the pigeonholes of left-wing or right-wing: I'm in the middle of the road -- just where you'd expect to find roadkill. So when I start expressing political opinions, I'm just asking for trouble.

So I left long comments for Chris and Bee and was perfectly content to drop the whole thing. And then I saw what our General Assembly's been up to in Springfield and I got right back up on my soapbox again.

The rant follows in the next post. We will resume regular programming shortly.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I know what you mean. Why do we have to have signs in other languages? Just learn the native tongue!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hell crumie in south florida they fly their flags! burns me up too. why come to america and not want our flag? i have no idea but i hate it. and so few speak english. so few..... will the last american on i95 north please bring the flag?

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your review from Critique My Blog. I really like your blog. I'll be back.

Stop by mine sometime and say hi.

~Sandy G.

Linda said...

I'm with you out there in the middle of the road - just waiting to be run over!

Hilda said...

Empress Bee writes:

"will the last american on i95 north please bring the flag?"

Don't worry about it..."we'll" take good care of it right here in beautiful, bilingual South Florida.