Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gilligan's good girl goes to pot?

Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, has pled guilty to charges arising from an October arrest during which marijuana was found in her car. She'll serve six months unsupervised probation as part of the deal.

Wells is now 69.

Time marches on, as it inexorably must. But... really... Mary Ann is 69? No, surely not.

It was only yesterday, I would have said, that all the males in the world were divided into two camps: Those who preferred Mary Ann and those who preferred Ginger.

I was whole-heartedly in the Mary Ann camp.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Is that what she did on the Island? Grew grass?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh noooooo. that can't possibly be true, you made that up curmy!

smiles, bee
tyvc

Dave said...

And you had it right. 69? I was having a remote, platonic affair with an older woman?

Lahdeedah said...

She looks so cute, smiling in her mug shot....

The Beach Bum said...

I was in the Mary Ann camp also. 69 - I didn't realize that she was 7 years older that I am. I always thought that she was just a few years older then me.

The Beach Bum