Wednesday, December 07, 2011

It's my sixth Blogiversary today

Blogiversary -- anniversary of blogging -- whatever you wish to call it, maintaining a blog for six years is some sort of achievement.

A dubious one, perhaps.

Or a frivolous one.

And this isn't even my first blog. That blog, so long ago abandoned that I can not even remember what I called it, was created so I could communicate more easily with Older Daughter while she was studying in Spain. She set up a blog where she could share her experiences of her semester abroad with the rest of the world. I set up a blog so I could comment on hers, and possibly exert a moderating influence on what she shared with the entire world.

A wet blanket, as it were.

Then she came home and that blog fell into disuse. Maybe I even forgot the password.

But then I decided to start this blog, my second blog, my second blogging effort (hence the blog title) and I've maintained it ever since.

This has never been a daily venture, although I've tried to post most weekdays. I would have posted nine days in a row before today but for the fact that my office Internet was out again on Monday.

Again.

I don't look forward to moving out of the Undisclosed Location in a month or so. I think I'll be able to stay in the same building, which will minimize the disruption. But one thing is certain. I am going to personally supervise the installation of the Internet in the New Undisclosed Location so that I know how it is set up, how it works, and how to troubleshoot it if problems arise.

And then I wake up.

In the meantime, thank you for dropping by. Keep coming back, if you can stomach my incessant whining about money, technology, and other things that get under my skin.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Happy Anniversary and here's hoping the new location -and internet setup- improve lots of things in life for you.

elleeseymour said...

Congratulations, very well done. It's so hard to keep up, and it is no surprise that you have won lots of awards from appreciative readers.

Dave said...

Thanks for the pleasures. I wasn't around for the start; but, I've greatly appreciated my time reading you.

I'm looking forward to your pseudonyms for grand children.