Saturday, November 08, 2008

A little joke about the ups and downs of life

We all get jokes and chain letters and solicitations from the widows of Nigerian generals in our email and I seldom trouble you with any of mine. I realize, by the time I see them, you've probably seen them too. And, of course, most of the stuff we get wasn't worth sharing in the first place. But I've had two in the last week or so that were worth sharing and, in this post, and the one below, I'll do just that.

First up, a redneck joke:


A redneck family from the hills of Arkansas was visiting the city and they went to a shopping mall for the first time in their lives.

The father and son were strolling around while the wife shopped.

They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.

The boy asked, "Paw, what's 'at?"

The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I dunno. I ain't never seen anything like that in my entire life, I ain't got no idee'r what it is."

While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small circular number above the walls light up sequentially.

They continued to watch until it reached the last number and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order.

Then the walls opened up again and a gorgeous, voluptuous 24 year-old blonde woman stepped out.

The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son, "Boy... go gitcha momma."

5 comments:

Patti said...

Bwahahahaha ` I got this one in my e-mail bag a few months back. It's a cute one.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I love that one!

Ellee Seymour said...

How funny. My son brought a friend home for supper one day recently and he had never eaten a curry before, a chicken tikka masala, but is the most popular British dish now.

Shelby said...

OH I've heard this one :)

My dad loves to tell it.. he told it in his Sunday School class once (and he's the teacher).

funny.

Patti said...

Thanks for visiting me today, Curmy...But I had to respond to your comments, which confused me a tad.