Saturday, November 08, 2008

From the mailbag, part two -- the 10 year old blues

Caution, this one is rated PG-13.


A father asked his 10-year old son if he knew about the birds and the bees.

"I don't want to know," cried the boy, bursting into tears.

Confused by this reaction, the father asked the boy what was wrong.

In between his sobs, the boy answered, "Dad, when I was six you gave me the 'there is no Easter Bunny speech.' When I was seven you told me there was no Tooth Fairy. When I was eight, you told me there is no Santa Claus." Fighting for control, the boy blurted out, "Look, Dad, if you're gonna tell me now that grownups really don't get laid, I'll have nothing left to live for."

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah, I kinda know how the poor kid feels!

Patti said...

Poor little kid. He might as well learn early that life is tough
;-D