Thursday, March 29, 2012

I guess you have to use the expression

The RMS Titanic is the cover story of the National Geographic this month (it made the cover of last month's Smithsonian, too -- centennials will often prompt coincidences like that).

Anyway, I was reading a Popehat post this morning on plagiarism... and I saw this line in a comment thereto and it made me laugh out loud:
[D]id anybody see those pictures of the Titanic in National Geographic this month? I was struck by the pile of deck chairs visible on one section of the ship, looking for all the world to have not been re-arranged in any way.
Gosh, I wish I was clever enough to have come up with that one, but credit is due to one Wilhelm Arcturus.

I laughed out loud when I read the comment -- literally. Long Suffering Spouse quickly investigated, thinking I might be having a seizure or something (proving, once again, the validity of my 2007 "LOL experiment." Go ahead - click on the link.)

I read her the comment -- and she didn't think it funny at all.

"That's an expression you use," she said. "I never say that."

No comments: