Saturday, March 14, 2009

Song titles... as graphs... and more graphs

I stumbled across graphs depicting song titles at Just Whatever. Here are a couple of examples of what I found at that site -- do you recognize the songs?





I thought these were very clever. Then, in the comments, I found out that these were apparently posted originally at Graph Jam, providing "Music & Culture for People Who Love Charts." You can even make and upload your own.

There are thousands of graphs to look at there. I thought this one rang particularly true:

song chart memes
see more Funny Graphs

I realize that this breakdown would not apply to tech savvy people -- like, Chris, for example, or Chris -- but, really, I think this is just about the right mix in my case. How about yours?

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh! either i am not the only one that does that or they are making fun of me! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
tyvc

Anonymous said...

Actually I'm all about it, and I got the connection on the first one (being a Beatles fan) before I even knew that was the point.
You may be interested in knowing that despite my being "tech-savvy" (I use a computer to record my music), I have not one shred of music theory to my credit; I play by ear and have no idea how.
Now, the people who rewrite the lyrics to Don McLean's "American Pie" to reflect various tribulations of the number pi, well, that's just goofy; see http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/13/pi-day-and-american-pi/
Also Mr C., the tech stuff I do is now at http://opensourcery.info since it didn't make any sense to have it alongside the political stuff.

Anonymous said...

So that's where those graphs are from - I posted one a while back I found elsewhere, I shall have to go back & link up.

Tech savvy? Maybe, but on a hung page I've been known to open another tab or 2, or sometimes even succumb to trying IE as if that may work.....