Friday, February 22, 2013

Frivolous Friday: This would be cute even if it weren't true


I saw this at a site called Cheezburger and I immediately snagged the image with the intent of posting it here... but then it occurred to me... did Sir Paul really say this? (In this one small corner of the Internet, we are actually concerned with accuracy. Most of the time, anyway.)

Thanks to the miracle of Lexis/Nexis, I could check the alleged source -- and confirm that, indeed, Macca really did tell interviewer Dave Itzkoff, "My grandkids always beat me at Rock Band. And I say, Listen, you may beat me at Rock Band, but I made the original records, so shut up." (The interview, which was really about McCartney's recent Grammy Award, appeared in the Saturday, February 16, 2013 edition of the New York Times -- genuflection optional.)

Before you ask, Mr. Itzkoff apparently did not ask the obvious follow-up question, namely, what did your grandkids say to that?

No comments: