Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Message in a bottle

I have been commanded by Mimi, the Queen of Memes to participate in Round Two of her Message in a Bottle project.

Here are the rules: You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean. Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not.

What message would you like to send out to the universe?
Message In A Bottle Meme

1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle.
2. Right click and Save the graphic on Mimi's site -- not this one -- it's mine!
3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture.
4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog.
5. Return your "Message In a Bottle" to Mimi via email ~ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com, sign the Mr. Linky on Mimi's post and leave a comment on that post telling her you've finished. IF YOU WANT YOUR MESSAGE TO BE ANONYMOUS PLEASE SAY SO.
6. Tag a minimum of five people - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.
Mimi adds, "As always, participation is optional and you do not have to be tagged to play. Check back often to copy the updated lists below for maximum link love. Just remember: I have a dungeon for meme-dodgers...."

Well, I'm in the doghouse often enough; I don't want to be in the dungeon, too.

I've looked at the Message in a Bottle site this morning. Because of the specific format, they are not as varied as the PostSecret-type messages... but some of them are quite profound.

Naturally, mine was not:

Now, the rules say to tag people.

I hope Queen Mimi will forgive me, but I really don't like to do that -- and many of the people on my blogroll have already been selected by the Queen herself for this project. So... I open it up generally, to anyone who happens by. If you do submit something, feel free to say I sent you.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've done this as well but have not posted it yet, but sent it to Mimi

Linda said...

I absolutely love it!

Truth be told, I'm really surprised that no one ever took Gilligan out to the lagoon and held him under ...

Ben and Bennie said...

Thanks, TC. I'm off to find some Windex so I can clean my computer screen.

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

That is VERY funny. I loved Gilligan's Island as a child. I always wanted to be Ginger but felt more like Mary Ann. Thanks for posting this. It's great!

Your message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #228.
Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blog ocean is always open. You never know what might wash ashore.

Message In a Bottle #228