Here are the rules: You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean. Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not.
What message would you like to send out to the universe?
Message In A Bottle MemeMimi adds, "As always, participation is optional and you do not have to be tagged to play. Check back often to copy the updated lists below for maximum link love. Just remember: I have a dungeon for meme-dodgers...."
1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle.
2. Right click and Save the graphic on Mimi's site -- not this one -- it's mine!
3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture.
4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog.
5. Return your "Message In a Bottle" to Mimi via email ~ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com, sign the Mr. Linky on Mimi's post and leave a comment on that post telling her you've finished. IF YOU WANT YOUR MESSAGE TO BE ANONYMOUS PLEASE SAY SO.
6. Tag a minimum of five people - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.
Well, I'm in the doghouse often enough; I don't want to be in the dungeon, too.
I've looked at the Message in a Bottle site this morning. Because of the specific format, they are not as varied as the PostSecret-type messages... but some of them are quite profound.
Naturally, mine was not:
Now, the rules say to tag people.
I hope Queen Mimi will forgive me, but I really don't like to do that -- and many of the people on my blogroll have already been selected by the Queen herself for this project. So... I open it up generally, to anyone who happens by. If you do submit something, feel free to say I sent you.