Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Still here after the blizzard....

Everyone in Chicago seems to have been thrown a tad off kilter by last week's blizzard. Youngest Son has a whole mess of tests this week (this week's and last week's) and Long Suffering Spouse reports she's giving a bunch of tests starting today. "The good news," she said, "is that I had them ready to go before the blizzard."

Courts were closed here last week. The Federal courts were closed last Wednesday; the Circuit Court of Cook County was closed Wednesday and Thursday. I can't remember that ever happening. It may have been a good thing, though. I saw that the chief judge of the courts in Dallas insisted they'd hold court despite a snow and ice storm (that greatly complicated matters for that scrimmage they played Sunday in the Jerry Jones Dome) -- and then broke his leg, falling on ice on the way to court.

I had an appellate brief to write. It's due today. It will be filed today.

So I took stuff home Tuesday night, hoping that I'd be able to work on it Wednesday.

Two feet of snow later, I actually got to the brief on Thursday. Afternoon.

But it's done now.

I think.

Instead of writing the story I wanted to write this morning, I think I'll actually read the brief I wrote... just to be sure.

And another unanticipated crisis landed on my desk last night.

And it's snowing again.

February has the fewest days, but it can be the longest month....

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well buggers curmy, no more snow!!!

smiles, bee
tyvc