Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heads or Tails #51 -- Supply

Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the Blogosphere, it's time once again for Heads or Tails, the weekly meme brought to you by Barb. Actually, it was also time for Heads or Tails last Tuesday, too. But -- if you'll skim down the page -- you'll see that, lately, I've not supplied as many posts as usual. And I'm still not billing eight hours a day.... You'd think I'd do better....

I am abundantly supplied with what I don't need. Bills? I got plenty. Sales calls? A constantly interrupting stream. (And, yes, I've placed my numbers on the "Do Not Call" list. That worked for awhile... but someone has obviously discovered a loophole.)

But patience? My supply is short and, when I need it most, often nonexistent. I would like to construct a shelf for it somewhere, where I might lay in a goodly supply. Storage, however, seems an issue. No one seems to know how to keep it.

If I could keep patience available, I'd keep some in the desk at work... maybe a can of it for the car... and good size box in the kitchen pantry. Wouldn't it be nice to carry some around like sore throat lozenges? If I saw someone on the street who had lost their patience, I could offer some of mine.

But I've got to figure out how to keep it first.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate with that endless supply of bills! Happy HOT day :)

Barb said...

I'd noticed the "do not call" thing isn't as effective anymore, too. Sheesh.

I like your idea about the lozenges. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, yes. How quickly patience disappears! I like your idea of saving some to pass around! Nice post...

Anonymous said...

Patience stored for when you need it most, and dispenced as a pleasant tasting lozenge, definately an idea whose time has come.

Anonymous said...

What a great train of thought on "Supply". Happy HoT.

Dawn said...

I could use large supplies of patience too! Good take on HoT.

storyteller said...

Visiting HoTs late but glad I didn’t miss yours. I sometimes feel like a dinosaur myself … and although I make an effort to exercise patience, it’s not always easy. Nice take on the theme.
Hugs and blessings,