Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whilst on the lookout for spammers... a little bloghopping

I long ago failed Blogger Etiquette 101. Basic blogger courtesy apparently requires a reply to every comment, if only to prove you've read the comments, I guess.

Now I do read, and appreciate, comments. Not to the point where I threaten lurkers (a la my blogfriend Bee), but I read 'em. Sometimes, if a reply seems necessary or appropriate and time permits, I'll add something. The one thing I consistently do is monitor comments for spam. I don't use word verification and, occasionally, a spam machine takes advantage. The other day I deleted a comment that may have been genuine -- but it came from someone who I'd not seen before and it included a link that I was unwilling to follow. So I deleted it. (If that commenter looks in today and is offended by my deletion, I apologize. Leave another comment if you like.)

This morning I found a nice comment by from JM, or Java Mama, as she calls herself on her site. JM is a homeschooling parent who came here via Heads or Tails... and then stayed to read, and comment on, something else. So I went to her site to nose around a bit and was pleased to find she'd even posted a link to yesterday's cell phone post.

JM also posted a link to a Heads or Tails post on a site called I Meme It, so I looked over at that. I didn't watch the video featured in the post, but I did notice a link to one of those Blogthings surveys, on logic, in the Sidebar. Ordinarily, I find it easy to resist the temptation of these things. I gave this one a shot, however and these were my results:




You Are Incredibly Logical



Move over Spock - you're the new master of logic

You think rationally, clearly, and quickly.

A seasoned problem solver, your mind is like a computer!



No, I don't believe it either.

If I were really logical I'd work every morning on income-producing things instead of puttering around this blog. *Sigh*

3 comments:

Shel said...

And if you did that, you'd be the personification of the old saying about dull boys. As it is, you can take comfort in the fact that you may be logical, but you are never, ever, boring.
Shel

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

curmy the reason i don't comment to comments in the comments box is because i believe that it makes the commenter come back again to look and i feel bad doing that. what i sometimes do is comment in the next day's post if it needs a comment or sometimes i email them. but that's just me. i don't mean to be rude. threatening, but not rude!

smiles, bee
tyvc

The Beach Bum said...

Curmudgeon -

I had the same results as you - could it be that their are two Mister Spock's in this Universe?

The Beach Bum