Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Church signs that make you think... what?


Joel Bezaire, the individual who posted this on his church signs Hall of Shame site, assumed that the person who put up this sign did not know the difference between "accept" and "except."

Possible.

But I'm thinking that a couple of kids out on a spree would be able to change "expect" to "except" in just a couple of minutes. Either way, it's kind of funny.

Click here for more questionable church signs. (I particularly liked "Jesus is coming: Run for your lives!" and the accompanying comment: "Oh gosh! And He's manifested His holiness as Godzilla!")

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

my old boss, a lovely jewish fellow, traveled the bible belt with a friend while in college and on all the "jesus saves" signs, they added "and moses invests". somehow i thought this was hysterical...

smiles, bee

tyvc

katherine. said...

that's a great site....I know a pastor or two I'm gonna send it to.

sari said...

"Without Christ, life is all fun and games until you die and go to hell!"

That made me laugh.

Barb said...

I'm so used to reading (and writing) typos, that I didn't notice until you pointed it out. :)

Anonymous said...

That's why I love the English language so much, it's so unfathomable.

Anonymous said...

Hehe.

You can make your own funny church sign pics on www.CustomSignGenerator.com.

Anonymous said...

Accept and except; ensure and insure...two of my pet peeves...

My favorite? Misuse of the apostrophe-- Condo's for Sale...(Condo's **what** is for sale?)

Keep making us laugh...gotta try the sign thing...