Thursday, July 10, 2008

Natural gas going up 30% this winter? Yikes!

In our shock and awe about soaring prices at the gas pumps we forget about Gasoline's twin sister, Natural Gas.

Natural Gas, however, is soon to be heard from if this cheery forecast from Chicago's People's Gas proves true: According to the linked article (from WBBM Radio, quoting a CBS-2 news report), gas rates are "going to be 25 to 30 percent higher than this past winter." For Chicago customers, the article says, "The average home heating bill of $1,500 a year will jump to $1,800."

There are those who say global warming is a bad thing.

I say I wish global warming was for real... and I hope it gets here soon. But I don't hold out great hope.

Sweaters will be worn at the Curmudgeon home this winter. Sometimes more than one at a time.

2 comments:

Mother Jones RN said...

Ouch! It's going to be a long, cold winter for a lot of people in Chicago, and around the rest of the country. This is insane. And I know crazy when I see it. Just sayin'


MJ

sari said...

Well, you could always winter in Arizona, ha ha. It's not too bad here.

Though in the summer, we pay.