Friday, September 07, 2012

Frivolous Friday: Everything I need to know I get from the comics, part 4,792

I'll spare the world my opinions about the Drew Peterson verdict -- for now. I have to read some more of the source materials first.

I'm not sure why. It's not as if this blog will ever be nominated for the American Bar Association's Top 100 Blawgs (nominations close today if you still haven't nominated your favorites). (If you really are interested to read what I suggest as "legal" posts here on Second Effort, click on the "legal" tag at the bottom of this post.)

Meanwhile, it's Friday. It's raining in Chicago and I'm tired.

Why are "short" weeks so long?

So, instead of offering a half-formed, half-baked post this morning, let me share some cartoons that made me smile recently.

Mr. Watson may be onto something: I think the young
people use phones for everything except calls. (Source.)

From F Minus, by Tony Carillo:

Obtained from Yahoo! Comics
Messrs. Obama and Biden tell us Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.

But since Osama bin Laden is dead, why is the TSA still alive?

Darrin Bell's Candorville is one of my daily favorites, but this week Lemont and Susan's rooftop conversation coincides with one of my own fantasies:

Also obtained from Yahoo! Comics
In my very active fantasy world, someone takes it on themselves to promote this blog -- but I can't imagine 800,000 daily visitors. I can't even imagine 20,000. Two hundred would be an improvement.

Steve Kelley and Jeff Parker offered a more realistic take on blogging this week in their strip, Dustin:



All obtained from Chicago Tribune Comics Kingdom

And, since this is an anonymous blog I can't even claim young Dustin's demographics.

*Sigh*

No comments: