Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Curmudgeon wasn't the only one miffed at missing out on a MacArthur Grant


It appears recovering lawyer Stephan Pastis is disappointed as well, judging by yesterday's Pearls Before Swine strip.

I only mentioned my disappointment in passing this year:
[O]nce again, I've been denied a MacArthur Genius Grant. If you follow the link, you'll see that a local architect, Jeanne Gang, who has won awards for "green" designs, was among this year's honorees. I can understand that -- but, I've studied the complete list now and found not a single anonymous blogger among the lot. How about a little love for us anonymous bloggers? We're struggling to make the world a better place, too, you know -- and/or secure a book contract, whichever comes first.
Losing out on the MacArthur Grants has become an annual disappointment for yours truly. But I don't think I really whined about it here on the blog since September 2007.

I think I've suffered in silence long enough: I hereby announce my candidacy for one of next years MacArthur grants. Want to join me in this quest, Mr. Pastis?

No comments: