Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Moving Day

Some of the top of my desk is now visible. Iron Mountain came this morning and picked up the 30 boxes I packed for outside storage. The shredder just left (although they'll be back momentarily, I'm told, looking for a check). (The total came to 18 boxes -- I put another one together after I wrote about it.)

Boxes are everywhere, particularly in the hallway outside my office. Patrick, who works for another tenant here, said the hallway looks like one of my arteries.

He may not be far wrong.

One of the attorneys who's moving with me has been packed for a week. The cleaning lady commented favorably on his state of preparation last night, suggesting, I reluctantly conclude, a sharp contrast between his state of preparation and my own.

Another of our party has just arrived at the office, and is even now beginning to pack. I did say beginning. He has, however, less to move than the rest of us.

And the ringleader of our traveling circus, the attorney who has taken on his own shoulders much of the planning of this move, and the concomitant fretting, is threatening to lose it at any moment. I've asked him to hold on until noon, or better, 1:00 p.m. By that time, I suspect, I shall be too far gone in my own panic to notice.

The movers arrive at 4:00 p.m. and, if I survive this, I shall return to this blog next week from my new and improved undisclosed location.

No comments: