Thursday, February 07, 2008

Current working title of my autobiography

"I Had Hoped to Give Up Shoveling for Lent -- and Other Plans That Didn't Quite Work Out."

Too long?

Actually, I didn't shovel any of this latest batch of partly cloudy that fell on Chicago yesterday. The younger kids were home -- no school -- and they did it. I made it to my meeting in the suburbs during the mid-day yesterday, then came home and collapsed.

I'd tell you I'm fighting a cold, but I'd be lying. I've lost the fight. I'm just hoping the cold doesn't bring his friend Pneumonia over to finish me off.

Bear with me for now. I shall return.

Probably.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I know that feeling - and fear of the pneumonia friend coming to call too - all too well! Had my go-round in early January and the rest of the family followed in short order. That is all except for the son-in-law who is a hypchondriac and yet, he never caught the cold from hell that plagued the rest of us. Go figure!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good title for your book...it would be flying off the shelves.

Shelby said...

Pnemonia has been all over us all since Christmas.. be careful and take care of yourself.

Drink plenty of fluids.

Aunty Belle said...

Well, perhaps pneumonia gives you time to write.

Found you at Some Have Hats.

Hope you are on the mend.

sari said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Patti said...

Hope you are feeling better today, Mr. Curmudgeon sir.