Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Curmudgeon banned in China?

I was clicking away merrily last evening, catching up on a couple of sites, Stumbling, fretting over why my beloved Sitemeter has abandoned me -- (Miss Bee tried to warn me about this -- but I thought she said I'd go blind. Oh well.) -- and I wound up on this March 12 post on Ellee Seymour's site -- and that led me to The Great Firewall of China -- a site that tells you, supposedly, if your site would be banned in the Peoples' Republic of China.

Well, guess what?

I'm banned.

I'd like to think I'm banned because of posts like this one from July, talking about our growing dependence on Chinese imports and the problems caused thereby. On the other hand, maybe they just have standards....

----------------------------------------------------------------
The reason why I wound up back on the earlier post on Ellee's blog is that she mentioned in a much more recent post -- in which she disclosed that she'd been named among the Top 10 Political Bloggers in the UK.

You can say this much for Second Effort: I may not have a lot of readers, but it's a diverse group.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are a rebel too, that's amazing. I think there are quite a few of us around. I wonder if your fellow readers will try the test too.

Glad your sitemeter problem is solved, btw.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

awww fudge curmie, who cares? i've been banned too so don't worry about it, now technotati, THAT i am worried about, i am now not only near 500, i am slipping in the low 200's!!! yeesh.

smiles, bee
tyvc

Lahdeedah said...

I've decided to believe that I'm not REALLY banned in China.....

It's just like one of those tarot card readings online.

:)

LAC said...

Guess there are worse places to be banned from.

Like.... a coffee shop, favorite restaurant or... gasp, WALMART!!!


Have a great day.