Friday, September 07, 2007

Vindication for us non-morning people

And we know who we are, don't we?

I'm writing this early Friday morning... but only because I had to get Youngest Son to school at some outrageously early hour. If you're looking at this this morning, you're looking with bleary eyes, wondering (as so many people who stop here often do) when, exactly, I'm going to get to the point.

Fear not: I'm already there. An AFP story posted yesterday on Yahoo! News cites a Japanese study which concludes that -- not only does early to bed and early to rise not make us healthy, wealthy and wise, it may actually put us at greater risk of "heart conditions including hypertension and of having strokes."

The study reached these conclusions after following just over 3,000 healthy adults aged between 23 and 90. Of course, the study also noted that the early risers were usually older... but that's a quibble. This is solid scientific proof that I shouldn't have to get up so darn early.

I continue to wait for the study that proves, once and for all, that chocolate donuts provide significant health benefits.

5 comments:

Patti said...

I'm not a night owl, so I guess I'm a morning person.
I do better when my brain gets some sleep!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i do know that cake had medicinal benefits!

smiles, bee

tyvc

Nikki Neurotic said...

Haha, I saw that yesterday and I was going to post it on my blog, but never got around to it.

Linda said...

I need to print that story out and shove it under my supervisor's nose so that maybe he would reconsider changing our 7 am to 3 pm hours back to 8 to 4 instead. I really do truly hate early mornings - truly!!

Barb said...

Hey! At my psychiatrist appointment last week, he told me to get up EARLY because late risers are more prone to those things.

I wonder if he's tired of dealing with me? :)