Monday, April 16, 2007

Tagged with the "Balance Meme"

Barb, of Skittles' Place, has tagged me with the "Balance Meme."

1. How do you achieve balance in your life?
Me? Balanced?
2. What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?
Finding the energy and focus to complete tasks I don't want to complete -- relating usually to work or health -- when there are usually more interesting things to do... like blog.
3. What are your priorities?
Setting priorities implies being able to determine which of many pending tasks is most important, which is second-most and so on. But I always start with 1 and go to 1A, 1B, 1C -- and I never get to two. In general my purpose is to keep my family afloat. But sometimes figuring out what are the priorities necessary to effectuate that purpose seems overwhelming.
4. Have your priorities changed over time and why?
Yes and no. The overall purpose doesn't change. The immediate priorities change minute to minute: See above.
5. What advice can you share to help all of us balance our lives?
This question -- at least as direct to me -- must be premised on the theory of "Thems as can't do, teach." OK: How about this? Stay solvent. Stay healthy. Balance will follow.Right now I have to work on both ends of that.
I won't tag anyone else with the meme -- but if you choose to do it, leave me a comment and I'll make it a priority (ouch!) to come and read it.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Chuckling at the label about ducking :)

I think I do the 1a, 1b thing too sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating. I can identify with "Me? Balanced?"