Thursday, April 26, 2007

Admission against interest

I'm not on trial tomorrow.

This would be OK if I'd settled the case -- but I didn't: I asked the court for a continuance.

I felt I had no choice. At this point, though I'm doing much better -- head, shoulders, knees and toes above where I was even a couple of weeks ago -- I'm not ready to undertake a trial.

I'm not happy about it.

On the plus side I can see substantial increases in my productivity. I've done actual work this week... and I've done it better and faster than I've been able to do since my surgery.

My case won't get any better between now and the next setting.

But I will.

5 comments:

Where fibers meet mud said...

Curm, We learn as we mature to listen and follow what our bodies tell us. You are a brilliant man for listening and then following.

Hang in there - you will be 100% soon and ready for the rigors of the courtroom. I have never frequented such places as courtrooms but I am very familiar with gardens. I imagine the stamina needed is about the same!

Today is day one after visit to chiropractor... I understand the rigors just did not stop soon enough! My bad!

landgirl said...

I'm glad you made the hard choice to put off the trial until you were stronger. Right choice. Be patient.

sari said...

I'm glad you're able to recover a little more fully before you have your trial.

Gosh, it wasn't like you went in for a haircut or anything.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well alrighty then, seems you have some gray matter left after all. ha ha ha...

smiles, bee

ps: take your vitamin!

cmhl said...

ahhhh, you did the right thing!! it won't get any better, but Lord willing the case won't get any worse.